After nine long months of pregnancy, you’ve finally brought a new bundle of joy into the world. As difficult as it is to carry a child (and raise one), some mothers find their biggest challenge is getting back to their pre-baby body.
Pregnancy can permanently alter your body composition, resulting in stretch marks, sagging breasts, drooping buttocks, and other changes to fat distribution. Belle Medical’s Mommy Makeover helps women permanently resculpt their bodies with minimally invasive procedures that are safer—and more effective—than traditional liposuction and body enhancements.
What is Included in a Mommy Makeover?
A typical Mommy Makeover consists of several procedures for permanently removing stubborn fat deposits and adding volume to sagging areas. Belle Medical uses-cutting edge technology to eliminate fat and reshape your body without the jabbing, cutting, and burning associated with traditional methods. Our treatments only require local anesthesia, so many patients can get back to their everyday activities in 24-48 hours. Our most popular procedures for a Mommy Makeover include:
- Belly fat removal: The stomach is the part of the body most notably affected by pregnancy. We’ll remove the extra fat from your belly and tighten the skin so you can reclaim the tight torso you had before the baby came along.
- Breast augmentation: Breasts tend to deflate after pregnancy and breastfeeding. After we permanently remove fat from another part of your body with HD Body Sculpting, we can transfer your fat cells to the breasts. It’s a safe and natural way to restore shape and volume in your chest.
- Hip sculpting: You may have trouble fitting your hips into the same pants you wore before childbirth. We’ll help you slim down your hips so you can take your kids to school in skinny jeans.
- Brazilian butt lift: Wider, sagging buttocks are an unfortunate consequence of carrying a baby. With a natural fat transfer, we can reshape your buttocks for a perkier figure.
Is It Worth Getting a Mommy Makeover?
Moving forward with a Mommy Makeover can be a fantastic decision, but it’s not one you should make lightly. Here are five things that can help you determine whether a Mommy Makeover is the best option for your body.
- You have fully recovered from your pregnancy and are no longer breastfeeding
Childbirth is one of the hardest things you can put your body through. Full recovery from pregnancy can take six months or more. Your body will continue to change during recovery due to hormone fluctuations and the physical impact of nursing. We recommend waiting at least six months after breastfeeding before getting a Mommy Makeover.
- You’re not planning another pregnancy
If you decide to have more children after your Mommy Makeover, you will undo the procedures’ results and may have to schedule another set of treatments to get your ideal body back.
- You’re at or near a steady goal weight
Even with a great diet and proper exercise, stubborn fat deposits can keep you from your pre-pregnancy physique. A Mommy Makeover works most effectively when the patient has already resumed an active, healthy lifestyle and needs extra help getting back to their former body composition.
- You have an excellent support and recovery system
Please make sure that you have time to dedicate to recovering from the procedure. While our services are minimally invasive and recovery times are quick, you should consult your personal doctor to determine just how much activity is appropriate after a set of treatments.
- You’re doing it for yourself
Recovering from pregnancy is emotionally taxing, so a rejuvenated appearance can be an incredible gift to give yourself. Make sure you’re choosing a Mommy Makeover for your own physical and mental health, not to live up to another’s expectations.
If you’re ready to get your pre-baby body back, contact us for a consultation today. We’ll work with you to determine the exact course of treatment that will achieve the best results for your Mommy Makeover.
Dr. Robert Mitchell has been practicing medicine for 15 years. He graduated from Northeastern State University in Tahlequah, Oklahoma and completed his medical degree at the University of Oklahoma in 2002. Dr. Mitchell went on to complete training in General Surgery/Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the University of Oklahoma in Oklahoma City in 2007.
Dr. Mitchell is native to Tulsa, OK. He is a proud father to his son, Cameron. He enjoys an active lifestyle, coaching and playing baseball, basketball, and soccer with his son. Dr. Mitchell enjoys vacations to the Florida Coast where he and his son can be found deep sea fishing. In his spare time, you can find him volunteering for Tulsa Habitat for Humanity.